What You Will Need
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (or olive oil)
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- minced ginger (to taste)
- 2 tbsp homemade tomato paste
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- hot red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1.5 cups dry red lentils
- 2-3 cups of chopped kale or spinach
- salt and pepper (to taste)
Goes Best With (Optional)
Chopped cilantro (fresh coriander) and/or vegan sour cream
- In a stockpot, heat the oil over medium heat and stir-fry the onion, garlic and ginger until translucent.
- Stir in the tomato paste, curry powder, and red pepper flakes and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in vegetable broth, coconut milk, diced tomatoes and lentils. Cover and bring to a boil, then simmer on low heat for 20-30 minutes, until the lentils are very tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add kale/spinach to taste and serve!