Drinking Green Smoothies anytime is a quick and tasty way to a healthier life and fitter body. However, there are those for who large amounts of fiber and vitamins consumed in the wrong way, or at the wrong time can cause minor digestive issues. To gain the benefits without the discomfort of gas, bloating or indigestion, here are a few tips.
- Have a Green Smoothie first thing in the morning instead of breakfast. This is when you are at your hungriest, and need the most nutrition. Make extra and carry them along with you for later in the day.
- Green Smoothies should be sipped slowly, never gulped. Eating or drinking too quickly can lead to bloating and indigestion, and this is true of any food.
- Make your Green Smoothies simple. Use only a few ingredients in each one, especially if you are just beginning to use them. This makes the raw vegetables and fruits they contain easier for your body to digest. Avoid adding a lot of extras, such as seeds, nuts or super foods. Choose one, and use a different one next time.
- The gas and bloating can be reduced by using ingredients that are suitable for detox Green Smoothies. This will clean and refresh your digestive system and cut down on indigestion.
- When you have a Green Smoothie for meals or snacks, let them be the meal or snack. Combining them with a meal is too filling and indigestion is bound to happen. Having them alone also gives your body more of a chance to absorb the maximum amount of nutrients.
- Avoid adding extremely starchy vegetables or fruit. This can increase the incidence of digestive symptoms.
If you follow these simple tips, you will soon be able to have all the Green Smoothies you want, and include any ingredients you like, without indigestion ruining your day.