What You Will Need
- 8oz cooked gluten free macaroni noodles
- ¾ cup raw cashews
- 2 cups plant milk
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1.5 tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp light (yellow or white) miso paste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp onion & garlic powder
- 1 tsp truffle oil (optional, but highly recommended)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Soak cashews in hot water for 20 minutes. Then drain them and finely grind in a food processor (10-20 seconds, don’t let it turn to paste)
- In a heavy saucepan, combine milk, oil and cornstarch. Bring to a simmer over high heat. Decrease heat to low, cover and simmer, stirring for 10 minutes.
- Add in the ground cashews, nutritional yeast, miso paste, lemon juice, onion powder, garlic powder and salt until well combined.
- Pour cashew cheese over the macaroni noodles, drizzle with truffle oil (if using) and serve.