What You Will Need
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- half tsp of cinnamon
- ½ lb green beans, trimmed and cut in half
- sliced green onions
- 1 ripe mango
- chopped cucumber
- 1 package firm tofu, cut into triangles
- coconut oil, salt, pepper and chili flakes to taste
- fresh coriander, garlic powder (to taste)
- Place tofu in a bowl. Add oil, coriander and garlic salt. Toss to coat and set aside.
- Pour a mix of coconut milk and water into a large saucepan. Stir in rice, cardamom, cinnamon, salt and crushed red chili pepper. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Stir and reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, 10 min.
- After rice has cooked, scatter beans on top of rice. Cover and cook, until liquid is absorbed, 10 min.
- Add remaining ingredients into cooked rice/bean mixture
- Grill tofu (optional) or use fresh
- Serve tofu over coconut rice salad, garnish with fresh coriander (cilantro).