While there are some prescription medications in the form of pills that your physician may prescribe to treat acne, the majority of available treatments are topical.
Skin is an organ of the body, and it needs nutrition from the inside, as well as the outside of the body to be its healthy best. Essential nutrients are the key to healthy, acne-free skin. Acne is an infection of the sebaceous glands of the skin, essentially making it a skin illness that the skin suffers from, that is caused by bacteria. What is better for any illness that plenty of concentrated nutrients that are readily available for the body to use where it needs them?
Here are some of the nutrients found in Green Smoothies that are extremely beneficial to healing acne and preventing future outbreaks.
- Chlorophyll is found in all plants including fruits and vegetables. It has the power to purify your blood and remove toxins from the body. It can increase the rate of the body’s metabolism, which accelerates healing and the turnover rate of the cells.
- Vitamin A is found in red and orange fruits and vegetables. It is the source for its derivatives retinol and retinoid compounds, which are prescribed for many skin disorders including acne.
- Vitamin K is found in green leafy vegetables. It is an anti-inflammatory that reduces the redness a swelling associated with acne and promotes healing. It is also effective in preventing and repairing acne scarring.
- Sulfur detoxifies the body and skin, maintaining skin’s pH levels. It is anti-inflammatory and fights infection, which is what an acne breakout really is.
- Minerals are often lacking in the diet. Green Smoothies are full of beneficial minerals necessary for good skin health.
A Green Smoothie or 2 or 3, can definitely boost your body’s ability to fight acne and held it to heal while tasting great at the same time!